I am back providing treatments from 28th July. While I am very excited to be able to support you in person again, it is only natural that you might have one or two concerns about resuming close contact with someone outside of your household.
As such, I would like to start by letting you know some of the measures I have put in place to help protect your health and wellbeing at this time:
- I am following guidelines issued by the government, NHS and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
- I have carried out a full risk assessment of my therapy business to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (COVID-19).
- I have completed the COVID-19 Health, Safety and Hygiene - Returning to Work course which is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapies (FHT) and introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene procedures to my practice.
- When I return to providing treatments in person, I will be closely monitoring my own health so your health isn't put at risk. If I am displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, such as: a fever/temperature; shortness of breath; a new, continuous, dry cough; loss of taste or smell, I will cancel my clients immediately and organise a COVID-19 test. (Please see below other less common symptoms). I will self-isolate until I am notified (within 72 hours) of my test result and will only return once I have a negative result and I am feeling well again. If the results come back positive, I will self-isolate for at least 7 days from when my symptoms started and will return only once it is safe to do so.
- If you or anyone you live with are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and are due to attend your appointment, please contact me immediately to let me know and I will cancel your appointment. Please self-isolate according to the NHS and government guidelines and have a COVID-19 test if possible. You will not be charged a late cancellation fee if you have COVID-19 symptoms (although all missed appointments will still be charged the full treatment price). If your test result is negative and you are feeling well, you may rebook your appointment. If your result is positive, you will need to have your GP's consent before attending an appointment.
- I will contact you 24 hours prior to your appointment to check on your well-being. If you are experiencing any symptoms, I will reschedule your appointment once it is clear you do not have COVID-19. You can check your symptoms here with NHS 111 online.
- Following my insurance guidelines, treatments will be a maximum of 60-minutes. This is to lower the risk of any transmission between us. If you have purchased a gift voucher that exceeds 60-minutes, you may split the treatment into two sessions or change the treatment for a therapy of the same value (60-minutes). You may also prefer to use your voucher at a later date once it is safer to have a longer treatment, in which case, your vouchers expiry date will be extended.
- If you've been classed as high risk and received a NHS letter to shield, I will sadly have to defer your treatments until the government indicates that it is safe for you to attend a close contact treatment.
- If you are classed as moderate risk you would not have received a letter from the NHS asking you to shield. If you are unsure if you are moderate risk, please visit the link here to find out if you meet the criteria. If you meet the definition of moderate risk, you must seek permission from your GP, midwife or consultant before having a treatment.
- Following my insurance and government guidelines, I will be wearing a visor throughout your treatment. There is no requirement for you to wear any additional protection such as a mask or face covering while I'm wearing a visor, however, if you'd feel more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering, please bring one with you.
- I would like to ensure you that all towels are changed after each client. Blankets will also be changed after every client. Pillow cases and couch covers are now waterproof and can be wiped down with disinfectant. (This allows the electric blanket to still be used and the padding left on the couch for your comfort). Bolsters and chairs will also be cleaned.
- My hands were always washed prior to and after a treatment. I will ensure this continues and will be using hand sanitiser.
- I am unable to work on the face until the 1st August. I'll then be able to introduce Facial Reflexology and continue with my Neal's Yard Holistic Facials.
- Bookings will still be by appointment only. Please ensure you arrive on time as the door will be locked until I have finished my client's treatment and I've thoroughly cleaned the therapy room and practice. If you are late for your appointment, your sessions will still finish on time and your treatment will be shorter.
- All soft furnishings and magazines have been removed to prevent the risk of spreading the virus.
- The toilet and washing facilities will still be available. This area will be thoroughly cleaned after each use, including light switches and handles.
- Please bring limited belongings to your appointment.
- I will not be providing water after your treatment so please bring a water bottle with you.
- I will ask you to fill out a COVID-19 consultation form before your treatment. Please bring a pen with you.
- On arrival, please use the hand sanitiser provided and again before you leave.
- I will be wearing a clear visor during your treatment.
After your treatment
- I will not be using appointment cards and instead will text your appointment time and date to your phone. If you do not own a mobile phone, please ensure you bring your diary and pen with you to your appointment.
- The practice and therapy room will be ventilated between clients and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Payment can be made via card or BACS. If you wish to pay with cash, please try to have the correct amount with you. I will wear gloves if necessary.